Re: [AMC-List] Poly sway bar bushings

My take on the squeak is, heck with em, if those people aren't smart enough
to know the difference between a shot suspension squeak and a squeak from a
car equipped with poly bushings, then who cares what they think !!! And
there is a difference in the sound.
Personally, I proudly wear the squeak to great effect on my 70 Javelin ! It
only squeaks occasionally and those who know why are impressed, and ask if I
have poly bushings !!! I put poly bushings in the sway bars, the spring
perches and the strut rods. I chose not to place them in the control arms
because I was informed that it makes the ride too rough and transmits
additional noise into the interior. I chose not to lubricate them because
I've seen photos of front ends with poly bushings and lubricant. They were
very messy with dirty goo all over. I like mine clean and squeaky.
Armand