Re: [AMC-List] Trans Go > Silicone is NO GO <

A: Just a quick revisitation of this thread. The Hyundai Stellar and Pony
used a version of the 904 till '86 (same as the '70's Dodge Colt RWD as they
were the same car. The FWD Colt is almost the same as Hyundai Excell) In '87
they used a KM automatic trans (O/D auto) that seemed to me to be closely
related to the AW series used in Jeeps. Made me think about a turbo Mitsu
diesel tractor engine in a Jeep (not the aluminum head version used in
Rangers and D50s, although the bottom end is the same)

From: Russell Neyhart <rtneyhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Trans Go > Silicone is NO GO <
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought that the only applications that would be listed would
be AMC,
Jeep, and Chrysler, but apparently more vehicles used the pan at
least
if not the whole transmission.  One weird listing that I have
not
confirmed is accurate is that the Hyundai Pony and Stellar
(Canadian
models) used the pan gasket.  Maybe something Mitsubishi and
Chrysler
had going and used the pan and gasket?

Russell