Re: [AMC-List] Eagle Premier

Rhet
The Eagle Premier was also sold as the Dodge Monoco before it finally
died off. The engine was also used by Volvo and I believe Citroen.
I would imagine that there is absolutely no capability of installing a
4.0 in the thing as it is a front wheel drive automobile so room even
with the fact that it is a North South installation space is certainly
going to be a premium.
To my way of thinking this is a real load. You would have to want one
badly and have a parts source dialed in and be willing to dedicate
yourself to maintaining the thing. The car might have had a lot of
things going for it when it was new but to hit the show room as an
orphan or an unwanted ugly step child was not one of them. If you do an
internet search for information I was surprised at how much information
there actually is on them. I used Yahoo and "Eagle Premier" + "Dodge
Monoco" for my search.
As far as weird locations for components as I remember it has more than
a few but then again I have been wrenching on 10 year old + front wheel
drive cars myself for a while in order to maintain them and in many
cases they are not all that bad if you have a manual to tell you how to
get at stuff easily, but looking at it another way if you are a good
mechanic and have the capability to weld well you can probably install a
new Chrysler Hemi and rear wheel drive  with just a little help from the
Red Hammer.
John.