[AMC-List] 1988 Eagle Premier - Last of the Breed -

From: "Rhett Butler" <amc.inline.six@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] 1988 Eagle Premier
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, the Premier has a longitudinally-mounted engine. It's not
transverse, like most FWD cars. So it might not be in that evil of a
place. However, if I get the car, I will hunt high and low to find a
manual on it so that I can repair whatever's reasonable myself.

Does anybody know how possible a 4.0 conversion is? Since the car has
absolutely no value at all, when I get enough dough to play with it,
might try to turn it into a more proper AMC by changing out the Eagle
badges for AMC ones, and maybe putting Concord or Ambassador emblems
on
it, and installing a 4.0 would be nice. I'd probably try to find some
'91-92 taillights as well because I like them better.

But that's IF I get this car, and IF I ever see fit to play around
with
it. Just thoughts bouncing around in my head.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Peace,

Rhett

===        ===

Since it is the end of the line Eagle - and in 20 years it'll be
featured as a lone survivor of a forgotten merger of some car
makers of note - I'd coat the undercarriage with
corroless & see how long I could keep the car in decent shape!

thats' my vote anyway........ these are the future 'Hash' cars!

Maybe a Future Hemmings Feature ?

I've collected a few of the 'Jeep-Eagle' patches MoPar had
made for their Service Dept. personnel - and - two
'Original' Jeep - Eagle  license plate surrounds.

the 2nd generation 'EAGLE'  logo design is striking in its'
own way - would like to collect the Eagle crests but I doubt many are
left -

so - score the car & post some .jpg pix - !

        =Bt=
  milnersXcoupe