[AMC-List] Eagle Engine Marble Game

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] Re-Build or Replace?

What he said :-)

> i can't guess at the engine noise but it sure doesn't sound good.

R U sure it's not something like the AIR pump, power steerin
pump, bad alternator, bad water pump bearings? They can all
make a lot of irritating noise.

===       ===

I agree !   Isolate the noise - use a simple rolled up piece
of cardboard to your ear - or - stethoscope if you have one -

Eagles and Jeeps of that era > some have lifter bleed down
problems > mine did > knocked one thousand off the price
because of a collapsed lifter > which pumped up shortly before
negotiations .

but  - a bag of marbles sounds a lot like that AIR pump thing or
power steering etc.

If the engine is running well - oil pressure is good - these last
for 250 K a lot of the time.

   Brien Tourville
      NEW YORK