[AMC-List] Re-Build or Replace?

I am the owner of an 87' Eagle.  I bought it about a 1 1/2 years ago and
have been working on it ever since.  The engine runs good, but sounds like a
bag of marbles in your hand.  I had the automatic rebuilt in 2005, replaced
both rear axle bearings (outer), seals and such and changed the gear lube.
When I checked the Ring, Pinion & Spider Gears the only thing that really
looked worn was the Spider Gears.  The rear makes noise when accelerating
and coasting.  My question is, is it possible to replace just those Spider
Gears or should I change out the whole rear?  I have heard that I can
replace the rear with a more conventional set up from a Jeep.  If this is so
what should I look for?  I like the car and I really bought it for my wife
but the constant attention is starting to get to me.  I needs some words of
encouragement.

Ron Brown
Berwyn, Pa.
browroe@xxxxxxxxx