Re: [AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for Spirit GT?

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, Brian Nelson Architect wrote:

> Yes - find a Holley 2-bbl carb - I found one on an '82 Dodge with a 318 V8,
> and it worked very well on my 258 I6.

Those drop onto the 2bbl manifold. I think Jack's got a carter
YF 1 bbl?  Everyone hates those carbs but me! They are gutless
but relaible, and setup OK if the body isn't rotted from water
and crappy rebuild houses.

I got a later-model water cooled intake (and matching exhaust)
and run a Weber 32/36 DGEV on my 258 and it's GREAT.