[AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for Spirit GT?

[AMC-List] Alternative to Carter for Spirit GT?

Yes - find a Holley 2-bbl carb - I found one on an '82 Dodge with a 318 V8,
and it worked very well on my 258 I6.

You will have to modify the linkage slightly, but it is an easy mod. This is
actually the "factory" solution to the Carter problems, and it makes
a great difference. I took a LOT of EGR hose plumbing off the engine and
simply capped all the spigots, as I did not need to have it tested for
emissions.

The other swap you should look into is to replace the mechanical rad fan
with an electric fan - this is worth a very noticeable boost in performance
and smoothness, and drops the noise level dramatically.

B. Nelson