Re: [AMC-List] torqu tube Q???

Slightly usefull information: The hub is a steel forging, and it may not
have a keyway.  My 1960 Ambassador did not  The keyway was added to help
durring the reinstalation of the hub.

Personal experience: Every spun hub that I have seen was a hub that
someone had removed and failed to reinstall correctly and/or had seen
service in a Rebel at the drag stip.  I have toqued axle shaft nuts to
600 ft lbs without the nut or threaded portion of the axle failing.  (A
grade 5 7/8 thread can take 300ft lbs.)

Peter Marano
Kenosha WI