Re: [AMC-List] starting trouble in 88 cherokee...4.0L

Re: [AMC-List] starting trouble in 88 cherokee...4.0L

" From: farna@xxxxxxx
"
" Another possibility is dirty electrical connections. I had a "no start"
" situation with my 4.0L when I first installed it in my Rambler. I was
" getting sprak, but it was weak. The culprit was a slightly corroded
" connector to the ignition module. 87-90 Renix connectors are all TIN
" plated. There will eventually build up a little corrosion, especially if
" the thing has sat for a while (corrosion doesn't build up much when in
" use). Get some spray contact cleaner and pull EVERY connection, spray,
" and plug back up. Sometimes there is a good CPS but the connector is
" just corroded enough to weaken or change the impedence of the signal.
" You can't see the corrosion, but it's there!!

in this same vein, i'd want to follow that cleaner spray up with
contact grease, to keep the air from corroding the contacts again.