Re: [AMC-List] Brief AMC Nats report

Hey Larry,
  Thanks for giving a small report on the '06 AMC NATIONALS but I have to
make a few corrections on your report. I will make a more complete report
to the list when I get the time. But first of all it was not the same
person who won (and you forgot to mention it was the AMC ELIMINATOR race)
last year in a T-bucket (AMC powered of course!). Last year it was Deacon
Kallish of Wauconda, IL. This year it was long time NAMDRA member, Warren
Kroll of Franksville, WI. And Don Wiese of Rockford, IL did not win the
"Participants Choice" award in the car show (he did 3 years ago with his
Rambler convertible) but it was his son, Dave Wiese of Racine, WI with
his 71 Javelin SST.

And a big thank you to all that attended the meet and to all of the
sponsors of the meet.

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:23:14 GMT mramc@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> RE:Brief AMC Nats report
>
> I'm going to throw out a brief AMC Nationals report since the AMC
> forum has
> been down for maintaince the last few days. NAMDRA had about 150 to
> 160 cars ,
> half race and half show. Scott the track owner thought we were doing
> good to
> hold at the same level we had last year considering gas prices and
> what I
> consider a poor economy. The guy with the AMC powered t-bucket race
> car won
> the race again this year not sure of his name. Don Wiese won I
> believe
> particapants choice , not with his 66 American convertible but with
> his 71
> Javelin and Don Pearrow won the judged show with his 70 AMX , a
> previous
> American cup winner for AMO. We ordered more t-shirts this year and
> had only 5
> or 6 left. The meet went about as smothly as I've even seen any meet
> go.
> Thanks for your support. LRDaum , NAMDRA
> V-P

> or go to http://www.amc-list.com

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA     NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168 (262) 843-4326
          JOIN NAMDRA, the best AMC club around!!!
'06 AMC NATIONALS - SEP. 14-16, 2006 - CORDOVA DRAGWAY PARK, CORDOVA, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974,  NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766