Re: [AMC-List] It's been a while

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Colin J Brodsky wrote:

Glad to see you back!

> I took a look at the amxfiles archives and see a lot of folks that I
> recognize, but the list traffic seems incredibly light these days.
> Hopefully there wasn't a major fracturing of the AMC world as always seemed
> to be a threat when I was moderating this list :-)

It does seem quiet; but there's (right now) 607 amc-list members
with verified-deliverable email addresses. The Mailman software
is pretty good and removing dud email addresses (within 2 -
3 bounces).

So we have a small number of loudmouths (erm, present company
excepted :-) and a lot of lurkers. We're either amusing them,
terrifying them, boring them; or they're waiting for the right
moment [no time like the present!]  or clinging on out of
nostalgia [but nostalgia on the internet is about 17 minutes].

So why is it so quiet?

> Anyway, my reason for coming back... I am at a major crossroads with what
> to do with my AMCs - in particular, my first car ever, the yellow '73
> Ambassador.

(Keep it! Though it'll be hard to get over the hump and
assemble the damn thing, you'll get closure; if you dump it,
you'll regret it forever.  If you get it running OK, and end
up not keeping it, that regret will be much smaller :-)