Re: [AMC-List] Javelin electrical problems

Re: [AMC-List] Javelin electrical problems

Sorry John, but 12.4 volts is partially undercharged. 12.6 volts is fully
charged. The trouble I run into with the Ford type starters is the nose
bushing wears to one side and causes the armature to come too close to the
side, dragging the amps skyhigh. NAPA sells a cheap ammeter that slides over
the battery cable for draw testing (it's in the section with test lights in
most stores)

John wrote:
To trouble shoot.
Key off, motor off. DVM reading of battery equals 12.4 volts DC.
Indicates fully charged.