[AMC-List] Blown [off by a Beep-Beep Nash]

[AMC-List] Blown [off by a Beep-Beep Nash]

The 300 guy turned beet red and told me he had 435 horsepower. I told him he's full of crap unless his car weighs 8000 pounds.
<<

Fat chance: '06 300C SRT8 6.1 HEMI is only rated at 420 hp.  4046 lbs.

Was 4041, but still ~9.5 pounds-per-horsepower.  Remember that number.

Until the end of the story, I thought his Chrysler was a current 300C.

One expects it may be driven with, ah, aggression (or like a Pontiac.)

Zoom-zoom?  No.  Vroom-vroom: burble-burble.  Bubble.  Toil.  Trouble.

But the story is TNT --- the name Chrysler had yet did not advertise heavily, for the the RB 440 --- last of their '60s-'70s big block engines: rated 350-hp (375 Hurst; 390 Six Pack; could be 435).  So if his 300 was, say, a 1971, it made 335 base (370 hopped up).  Clearly Molly was no garage queen this morning, merely the empress of the road.

And if his 300 was the current thing, Molly was also the beauty queen.

Dunno how much reminiscence and rust the old iron monsters had to haul

http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Chrysler/1969/pages/34_jpg.htm

(only AMC seemed to make a play of "The Lightness of Being" back then), yet four tons seems a little lard too much.  "Less than a '31 Cadillac V-16 sports car!" sounds right.  A Convertible Victoria weighed just under 6,000 lbs.; a
35.8-lb-per-hp hunk of burnin', burnin', road-racin', automotive lu-uv.

Even a newfangled [German!] thang now weighs in at a bit less than that

http://tinyurl.com/hehnk

since its 4-door (some sedan) counterpart weighs "only" about 5800 lbs.

http://tinyurl.com/zw4ne

Blown?  With that kind of Weather-Eye, one could happily -live- inside!

Can you remember the only 1968 car that compared to an AMC Ambassador?

Can you please post the ad?  Arctic Boy's can't be linked or searched.

Maybe an AMC -can- drive car lovers mad.  It certainly drives me nuts.

But back to the Valley of the Sun fun.  300 versus Gremlin.  And nuts.

Found weight, on a furrin site ("Stupid in America" is not a joke): a '70 300 hardtop weighed 4135 lbs.  11.8/hp is a bit better, but still no 10.7/per like a certain '70 AMC machine (OK, a "Machine"), or, since some here still try to be smart Americans in the realms of stupidity, to SC/Ramble back to '69, no 9.5 either.  Maybe that was where he got his "4" and his "35" figures.  Or maybe he was being American.  It is common now.  And it can be either a very good --- or a very bad thing.

AFA road rage (let alone -manners- ["What's THAT?" Americans now ask]), a tale also has a moral: some people should Wedge something somewhere sometimes.  Their flying finger and coffee should have flown right back into -their- eyes.

Turns up an hour later in the -driveway-?  How'd he find Molly?  GPS?  Maybe more than his Torqueflite was slipping: could have met with a Magnum.  Not built by Dodge.  Too much [horsepower etc.] is never enough; until it's too much.

Good story, nonetheless.  Keep driving on the AMC lane of Route 66.

I won't tell an AMC street story now; already told one about a Silver Shadow and an Ambassador.  When a Rolls-Royce was outshone by a Kenosha car and a General (Ret.) drove out of a country club parking lot.  Did not throw his Grey Poupon.  Knew better than to do that.  His Navy Everlast on Powder Blue was trumped [!] by my Foak on Golden Slime.
Even the Benz boys (no Bentley boys were present) and girls thought it was funny.  Too bad AMC made so few of them.

That's the only reason I still keep --- and store --- AMC memories.  Old days.  Nostalgia.  Potential.  Good times.

There's not much AMC presence in the present; no really good forum to share the presents from the past.  Bad times.

I have no idea why nine 1947 RAT drawings --- among the earliest clues to what would make memories for AMC --- can't be accessed from the AMX files "archive" of yesterday --- and I don't need to read whatever technical reason(s) they can't.  The links worked (and still work) in my e-mail; the points made were (and still are) relevant.  When is this AMC world going to get up and go somewhere?  AMC fans are still losing big time.

And time is still passing: know with which AMC VP this guy once hung?

http://www.iskycams.com/pdfcatalog/PAGE2.pdf#search=%22iskenderian%22

See 10/06 PHR, page 130.  13 AMC parts places listed (66-68): buy 'em before they're gone.  Good head-porting piece (74-84) --- even if, in Figure 2, a "Forth" follows third.   Huh?  God is in the details --- in architecture and in cars.  And attention to details is as important in writing about cars as it is in restoring them or in wrenching on them.

Even cars that only unplug.

http://www.teslamotors.com

Electric Blue (what else) and Very Orange (very); Green, not Big Bad.

You can remember the AMX/+.

Even if your 300 guy can't.

Car show in WNY this coming Sunday: sunny skies and 60s-70s expected.  Any '50s-'80s AMCs also?  The colorful Buick won't be parked beside the Packard again.  For some strange reason, the two old girls just didn't seem to get along.

http://www.hfmrotary.org/