[AMC-List] AMC a 'Joke' - defined - X -

"If a server isn't off, an online "archive" isn't working: where are
the
posts submitted between 12:44PM and 7:34PM on Thursday, August 24?
AMC
can't grow beyond a "car joke" status if AMC info can't be accessed.
And
if AMC as a hobby is a car joke, it may get fewer and fewer laughs
each
year."   john m.

===      ===

this morning, scanning the amc-list while
sitting at my DeLL rig, half watching SQUAWK cnbc on my 7" flat
screen,

[ my participation in the Flat Screen Consumptive Revolution  ],

I flashOmatic'd to the '68 - '71 street racing era of around here:

an eclectic mix of warehouse workers, construction
understudies & up 'n coming Bank Tellers - car junkies,
'Brothers in Arms' >

but this one Saturday Afternoon blew up in memory :

a recall'd conversation ABOUT AMC as : 'that Rambler car is a Joke' .

I was hangings'  my HUDSON on the ShopRite tarmac
with some MoPar knuckle dredgers, enjoying the Sunoco
260 wafting the lot, in rolled a '70 Machine - the
First I'd seen ever -
and it sounded 'Suite 1' as it Tached  a 'Blip' - trolling
in Neutral - thru the lot - not stopping - just 'post - pissin'
for the Blue Oval nest nearest the Exit -

Up came the wtf is that quizzies from  bewildered future Wal Mart
Big 3 participants  - 'dunno' - sounds nice - yeah - cool paint -
yeah - fuck that > it's a Rambler > it's a Dog......... and
wtf'ss a Rambler? got tossed - and it was off wall from there.

Testimonies of how that Machine would be punished by
Mouses' VW or 'ball-less' Buicks > the Honors
were passed around but I stayed out of the conversation,
oddly as my 'HUDD' stuck out like a Cheyrnobl Mushroom..
UNTIL....... one bright guy who could read, and exercised this rite
piped up with : " nah,....... you're all full of shit....... that car
would put you all away..... the AMC Machine has a 390 and
is close to 400hp stock.......it'd eat your Lunch - dipsh*t........"

I stood and listened to the cigarettes butts stumbling across
the Tarmac , bouncing off the knuckles & elbows of our Street
is Neat valedictorians - the silence was 'vacuous' - buhht.......
interest about AMC & ensuing conversations were genuine -

except for the one hold-out, spouted while porpoising a Budwiser /
Marlro combo between dumbly unshaven grins - our Mascot.

The long and short of it:

AMC's were considered 'Expensive' - cool, but Expensive
to buy and build.

They didn't know where the Dealership was located either.

Prices came up - " ...?.. I could buy a.." yah-da-yah"  for that !
yah-da-yah...?

AMC's were not covered a whole lot after the NASH advertising
budget was lost to a penny pinching corporate makeover.

AMC spent the monies in the 70s' for very hip Ads, but.......
suddenly appearing on the 'Scene' - after years of flat head sixes -

the Magazines weren't reviewing them - they were a niche' item -
"Expensive" - and rare...... a : "who?" item.

So,
AMCs' are a 'Joke' - is straight from the lips of the illiterates
who looked at pictures, could barely read - found solace
amoung other illiterates during a BSsession remembering
an AMX or Machine picture seen in Car Craft - vaguely , & would
dump on it in order to have someone and something to talk
to and / or about for a generous 45 seconds.

AND -  it hasn't changed much - EXCEPT, that now with the .net
and as more 'Culture of Oddly Cool' permeates the Cruise In's,
AMC is now strangely,  the Darling of the Shows for the Spectators -
and
many 'other brand' car owners who appreciate 'Art Cars'.

This is not to say that you will not catch a heel on the 'ruts' in
the Astro Turf while at the Shows:

 God is still making 'dumb asses'
with XXL sleeve lengths -

and their slow growth stories revolve around
Brand Loyalty and your ride is a pig...... 'perfect dinner
guests'..... by any : standard ;) .

I was going to pass on sending this in, except the blood trail
john 'the impaler' mahoney has been leaving during his rash
of AMC Ax Murders recently wasn't attracting any flies -
goes to say , collectively, we're a mostly 'bludgeonedly
contented' gathering of souls........

....... so STICK IT where the Sun Shines John M. !

& don't let the Japanese Customs Officers find it in  your
carry on when they're 'tossin ya' after disembarking ;)

and More AMC:
 -
the 'New Thang' Corvette springy parts
'Love In' topic taking hold this week - yEaH bABy !

should that entire'Vette 'loop'd ' front end line up nicely,
don't forget:

IRS is just a must for anyone 'streeting' an AMC.

I knew that Franks' 'Jiggy' Jaguar E- Jag rear suspension swap had
left most
all with sinus pressure and a  feeling of inadequately
adjusted briefs ... but I believe for many applications
AMC - it would be easier than mounting the 'Vette item
and a 'why didn't I do this sooner' super find embellishment.

   milnersXcoupe
      NEW YORK