Re: [AMC-List] 69 Vs 70 suspension

On Sat, 26 Aug 2006, francis.swygert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > i have heard of '69 amxes converted to '70-style front ends, so the
>
> Why is this desirable?

> Just to get rid of the trunnions.

I figured as much, but it wasn't stated. It sure sounds like a
lot of work for little gain. Upper trunnions are weird, and all,
but for street use quite fine.

I think it would be a LOT easier to re-make an upper A-arm to
fit a ball joint steering knuckle in the "trunnion" chassis.
If I recall the ball joint A-arm is wide at the inner bushings.)
(I assume there's a lower ball joint in the AMX, and not an
American-type lower trunnion?)