From: Dan Curtis
To: UseTheYellowButton@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 9:43 PM
Subject: Re: Question for item #330021373417 - AMC : Rambler

Not ordinary at all.  It was a primo example of a 1965 fairly rare, first
year model of that body style car.  I suspect if you look at the build
numbers for a '65 Ambo convertible, you will see that very few of them were
built for '65 although there are a couple of folks on the AMX-files that
have one as well.

Don't get me wrong, your car is a beautiful survivor of a fairly rare car.
It is also very likely a very early version but AMC did so many unusual
things with build sheet dates that you need to look at the serial number and
door tag to get the real lowdown.  Those numbers tell the story regardless
of what the build sheet says.

I know of one person who had a build sheet for a 69 AMX with a 1967 date on
it.  Rest assured, AMC did not build a 69 AMX prototype in 1967 as they had
1968 AMXs before the 69s.  It's just the way AMC did things which is why
they are fun but quirky to own.

Regards,
Dan Curtis
d.curtis@xxxxxxx