[AMC-List] Still having a/c problems with 83 Spirit

[AMC-List] Still having a/c problems with 83 Spirit

Still unable to determine why the compressor will not
turn on.  I probably should've done some better t/s
but it doesn't appear to be the low pressure switch
that's the problem.  I replaced the switch and there
still is no power to the compressor.  I jumpered from
the battery to the compressor and the system is
blowing cold air but the compressor still will not
start on its own.  I traced the wire from the low
pressure switch on the wire diagram and the path goes
low press sw-thermostat-microswitch-blower switch.
The fuse for the compressor clutch and blower is good.
 the switch operates the blower motor and, when
jumpered, the system blows cold air (I assume this
means the thermostat is working).  The write up in the
TSM is vague so I don't know where the elusive
microswitch is.  Should I have 12V at the connector
that connects to the low pressure switch?  This thing
is giving me a real beating...looking for any help.
Thanks.