[AMC-List] 65 Ambassador convertible prototypes?

[AMC-List] 65 Ambassador convertible prototypes?

On both those 65 Rambler Ambassador convertibles on ebay, I got back a nice
email from both sellers. I am still confused as to what makes a regular
production car a prototype. One mentioned the build sheet. But build sheets
were printed well in advance of models. For instance here is a 71 AMX build
sheet:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/parts/71amxbuildsheet.JPG

It don't make it a 69 prototype anything, it still makes it one of 2054 made
in 1971.

So while there is a blog on there, which is neat, I am still either stumped
or missing something?

Eddie Stakes'
Planet Houston AMX
713.464.8825