Re: [AMC-List] 242 fuel injection question

A: Cam profile would be related to your tire size as well as gear ratio. I would run a high overlap to keep the VE down or you'll be running premium all the time (or LPG) as compression while running will go up due to the higher efficiency of the 4.0L head of putting air/fuel into the cyls. (It'll be much closer to the static compression due to less losses) You may want to run a similar cam to the one the Strokers are using to cure this issue.

From: russ hathaway <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AMC-List] 242 fuel injection question
To: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm going out to pull the manifold off a 242 Jeep for
my Hornet. They have an engine with the head and FI
removed already so he will let loose of the exhaust
for $10. I've put the 242 head on my 258.
He also has a complete 242 FI in an 87 Cherokee.
Besides the obvious stuff to remove such as top
plumbing, intake and exhaust, what should I remove to
complete an FI conversion. I am putting my 258 bottom
in my 87 242. Whats a good cam profile for general
driving, no towing involved and a a 3.50 posi.....Russ