Re: [AMC-List] Apathy

I agree Kim, but we still need to correct major mistakes. Even some
minor ones, though I wouldn't get to nit picky - I'd let pass a 61
American identified as a 63, or a 71 Javelin identified as a 72-3-4,
but not a 70 Javelin identified as a 71-74, etc. Most of the mistakes
are simply that -- editing to fast or not taking the time to fully
investigate. I've made minor mistakes before, but editing an all AMC
publication and being somewhat knowledgeable about AMCs I don't make
that many. We still need ot correct those unbelievers. If we don't
care, why the hell should they? I don't buy the "if we complain to much
they may stop publishing anything about AMC" theory either. The
complaints let the editors know that AMC people are reading the
articles -- their magazines. Only a small percentage will complain or
comment, so that tells them that there are a lot more AMC people out
there reading the articles. If you have readers that care, you have
articles that sell magazines.

On August 7, 2006 Kim Bueler wrote:

> This may fall on deaf ears, but may I suggest you put your thoughts
in easily read paragraphs? I know this is a small
> thing, but I have a hard time in assimiliating anything that is
longer then 3 lines. No offense really.

> On a aeperate note I'm probably preaching to the choir however,
really I'm sorry no one cares outside of us, no one
> cares about AMC, no one cares that they misplaced a name, a word, a
car, a manufaturer, THEY. JUST DON'T. CARE.

> You are banging your head against a brick wall. To be honest how many
of your friends understand or even talk about AMC,
> not many I bet - same as I mine, they don't care. Unless you owned
one or had a close relationship to one, no one cares.
> Frankly I know lots of friend who owned owned one once and they still
dont' care.

> So what do you do? Keep going to the shows, tell people about AMC you
come across but don't expect AMC to ever become
> the next Chevrolet - ain't gonnna happen.
>
> We are the underdog, no shame, but don't expect the world to hear or
understand, we are the unsung heros.