[AMC-List] Hubba Hubba Gremlin > Why?

The method suggested without removing the hub has been used on all
brands of cars for more years than I am alive (60 in sept) As a
professional mechanic I have used it for almost 40 years with out one
problem. Just recently on my orange Hornet 2 years ago. You wasted your
time and still need to torque the nut properly. Not torqueing the nut
properly will come back to haunt you unless you have the finesse of my
father. He was an old mechanic, German trained and came to this country
in 1932 at the age of 18. He could torque a head bolt with a breaker bar
and challenge anyone to see it he was off. It never was off. He used a
3/4" drive socket & ratchet and a 3 foot piece of pipe to torque his
axel nuts. I watched him do it. Have the axel nut properly torqued. And
if you took it apart this far, did put new wheel bearings and seals in
it. You were right there. More work needed than for a simple 5 minute
repair and once it was apart the Rambler mentality took hold. Sorry if I
seem hard but I have seen this type of thing all my life.
"Doc"