Re: [AMC-List] trannie interchange question

Re: [AMC-List] trannie interchange question

my thinking is a little fuzzy, but IRRC, the AMC T5 is eactly the same trans for the 4 cyl and six applications! Same in all dimensions and gear ratios! It is only the bell to engine bolt pattern that differs.
  Keep in mind this trans was spec'd to AMC by AMC before the other manufacturers realized it's potential.
Highlights of the AMC trans,
unique shifter placement
uses Chryco 904 output
uses Chryco speedo adapter and gears
uses S-10 T5 shifter pattern
uses Ford trans to bell pattern
uses GM trans input bearing retainer diameter
4-1 first gear ratio
.8 overdrive, IIRC?
rated at 245 ftlbs torque.
input shaft is 1 X 1 1/16" 10 spline
.509  pilot tip or is it .590"? GM anywany. Ford is .460"
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net
Morgantown, WV