Re: [AMC-List] 64 Typhoon Project

" From: Mark Price <markprice242@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"   Also, have you considered one stock, one modified? You've done nice
" work on the one I've seen pics of. Do a stock body build, the modern
" driveline, don't cut it up and you can always return it to stock
" later. Frank S. can talk you thru a bolt in rear axle setup IIRC. You
" may have to weld up a few holes to return it to stock. But they would
" be underneath and would not require outer body work or paint.

here's a thought: v8 rear and iron warner hooked to jeep 4.0 with
'67-'71 v8 converter housing and flexplate [knock the balance weights
off].  should pretty much drop in...

if you know a -really-good- tranny shop you could beef an aluminum
warner probably strong enough for this - i have australian notes that
call for some import bw51 and bw65 parts; the bw35 was used widely
with v8s 'dahn unda'.  for a 4.0 you'd have to find converter housing
and flexplate used with a '67-'71 2bbl 290 or 304 with aluminum auto.