[AMC-List] Inline Six Harmonic Balancer Differences

[AMC-List] Inline Six Harmonic Balancer Differences

Here's a URL to a picture of the two balancers I am
talking about.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j186/route66rambler/Nashin%20on%20my%20Rambler/Project%20MollyFloggin/balancers.jpg

The top picture is the 1974 258 engine in Molly now.
The picture below is of the 1976 Jeep CJ 258.

The older balancer is thinner along the back rim than
the balancer in the bottom picture.  I have 75 and 76
232's that both have the thick balancer, as well as
this 76 258.  Also, you will notice that on the older
motor, the timing setup is on the passenger side, and
it was moved to the driver's side in later years.  The
alternator bracket has a flange on the front side, so
I can't simply move the alternator to the other side
of the bracket, add washers, etc.  For the moment I
just put Molly back together until I can locate what I
need. She is literally my daily driver, so I have to
have parts lined up before work begins.
mike