Re: [AMC-List] Rusty rotors?

hmmm, not sure I like that idea??????????
Seconds???????????
 I got a flat on the thing yesterday and had to change the tire roadside, drive it home on the spacesaver, put a new valve stem in and checked the brakes good while I had the wheel off. The rotors are toast. The outside is rusted in about a 1/3 of the way and the rear is full of pits and depressions. I think they could be turned, but it would be a stop gap repair and not worth it as there owuld be rust pits left and the next time it sat the problem would return.
  Looks like new rotors and pads for this one. I wonder what the best pad would be at grinding down the rust :] I know I've seen pads inthe past that would wear the rotors as fast as the pad wore down, That's waht this one needs! we only put about 5,000 a year on it, mostly in bad weather.
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net