Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

On Fri, 7 Jul 2006, Jock J Jocewicz wrote:

>   You sure do bring back some old memories! When I lived in San Jose and
> Santa Clara in the 70's, Len's AMC Auto Wreckers in San Jose was one of
> the sponsors of the "Were Gone" 69 SC/Rambler that I raced and Stacks got
> plenty of my business. From what I have heard, both are no longer in
> business.

I used to go down to Len's often. Friendly guy. I lived in
San Francisco; I think I first went down there in 1985 or 86,
I think he was winding down the yard even then. (I'm sure you
recall, it was an old-fashioned yard, car juices drained right
into the soil, I recall him saying city, county or state wanted
him to stop...) I think he sold all the Jeep stuff to some other
yard. It was definitely dying off when I bougt my Classic wagon
from him.

I had heard of Ed Stack from who knows where, finally got up
there right as he was closing too (cause? or effect?). Huge
barn of new AMC/Rambler stuff, not seen anything like it before
or since. I always wondered what happened to all that amzing
collection of parts.

Do you have any idea?