Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

Re: [AMC-List] Band adjustment, little aluminum Borg Warner auto

A few of mine have a similar symptom. If you let them idle in neutral for a few
moments after startup and before moving, they won't slip while building pressure
when you put them in drive. Other trannys of the same model don't need this.
Must be an internal leakdown of some sort.
I've heard that prolonged idling in park isn't good for the Chryco
transmissions, better to do it in neutral as there is better oilflow and the
above seems to bear that out.

Ken

 The only problems seem to be