Re: [AMC-List] oil filters

  My feelings on the Fram filters are that they are OK to use on a stock
or mild engine but over there years a lot of NAMDRA members have had
problems with Fram filters in their race cars or street/strip machines,
so I say steer clear of Fram filter in a modified AMC engine.

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:31:24 -0700 (PDT) russ hathaway
<russh97309@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> you will see all sorts of "tests" by people
> bad-mouthing the Frams, and I don't know why. Perhaps
> the original tester had a bone to pick with Fram,
> maybe a disgruntled employee, I don't know. I do know
> that I have been running Fram PH-11 in all my AMCs for
> years. I have never lost an engine, either 6 or 8, and
> start up chatter is non-existant. Of course I follow
> several time tested must-dos;
> -change oil and filter every 3k miles.
> -use a quality detergent oil. I run basically
> Valvoline 10-40 unless conditions call for something
> else.
> -Extreme use require modofications to your engine, do
> so and don't scrimp.
> -I flush out my engine with every change using
> Risoline and following directions.
>     I am not against using other brands, and used
> Frams even when I was racing my Gremlin. But Fram has
> served me well and I have a shelf full of them. Let
> the argument begin......Russ

> or go to http://www.amc-list.com

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA     NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168 (262) 843-4326
          JOIN NAMDRA, the best AMC club around!!!
'06 AMC NATIONALS - SEP. 14-16, 2006 - CORDOVA DRAGWAY PARK, CORDOVA, IL
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974,  NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766