Re: [AMC-List] best oil filter for a 390?

Re: [AMC-List] best oil filter for a 390?

I am afraid this could be one of the arguments that could go on for ever
with no real solutions out of it but, I will agree that WIX Filters are
very good filters and probably on the whole better than Fram. They also
make the Filters used by CarQuest auto stores.
As I do visit the CarQuest store as a matter of preference I usually
will buy my filters there, but I generally buy the bottom line and
change them every 3000 miles. But on the other hand I have a shelf full
of Fram Filters at the present because I found them on sale and as I
maintain an I6 Spirit, an '80 AMX, a Donohue, a '94 Saturn and a 96
Chrysler T&C  + 2 cars under construction and I drive 30,000 miles + a
year and have most of my life I have never had a failure with a Fram
Filter and see no reason why not to run one.
I frankly do not think for a basic street driven engine with no more
worries other than it starts and gets to the grocery store and back that
it really makes much of a difference what filter you run.  Just change
oil every 3000 miles or so and call it good to go.
John.