Re: [AMC-List] I Pod Definition

I think everyone kinda missed my message amongst all the poo pooing going on
over the IPOD. The machine itself isn't a complete marvel, there are a lot
of MP3 players out there, but the fact remains the support of other
manufactures for IPOD accessories, etc, speaks volumes, the IPOD sells well,
works the way it supposed to, seamlessly allows you to put music in places
you couldn't before and MOST IMPORTANT IT IS SIMPLE.

You don't have to own it, you won't be any cooler if you have one (remember
8 tracks and cassette players folks- everyone had to have one!), we have two
in our house and neither has broken I have a 15 yr old daughter that
constantly breaks things. It does not necessarily require illegal downloaded
music, I put my own purchased music on my son's IPOD thank you. But it is
new technology that doesn't require a lot of investment.

I misspoke before regarding price, you get an IPOD nano on ebay right now
for about $120. The nano can hold about 240 songs, and with a cheap FM
transmitter say another $40 you have a great system for little money, that
is PORTABLE, take it anywhere and works on any FM radio - sorry AM people
but you will be out of luck, unless your AM radio has a mic or aux jack,
then you would still be in business.

It is not the panacea for everything you're looking for, there is no need to
spend a lot of  money, it does the trick plain and simple, I wasn't trying
to convert anyone on the list but like I said, it worked great for me and I
thought I would share it with others.

Obligatory statement regarding my opinion:
"I'm not affiliated with IPOD, Apple or any other manufactures."

Best Regards,
Kim Bueler - '75 Gremlin X 360 V8 - IPOD equipped!