[AMC-List] Gen 1 to Gen 2 change over

I have seen some information that late 66 model year cars came with the
Gen 2 engines.  Given the changes necessary to do that I doubt it would
have happened until the full model year update for the 67 line and the
elimination of the closed driveline.  Yet I see a 66 Ambo on EvilBay with
a Gen 2 engine and have heard of 66 Marlins with the 290 (supposedly the
last 200 made).  I always attributed it to somebody not familiar with
AMC's mistaking what they had.  Anybody have the official word?  To add
even more confusion is the fact that AMC supplied the GEN1 327 to Jeep
through the 68 model year so they either used up old engines and kept the
GEN1 in production for 2 years after they dropped it from their own model
line.

And here I thought I had it all figued out.  haha

Wayne
Wayne & Lisa (Skeezix), Bolton Landing, NY,
http://www.superglider.thinkhost.com/
AMO#8454, 83 Eagle Limited Wagon, 82 SX/4, 258 auto
69 Ambo coupe, 401, M12, 66 Ambo 990 Wagon, 327,PW,PB,PS,posi,AM/FM,AC
88 Jeep J10 360, auto- a Real truck
2001 Cherokee, 2000 Chrysler Cirrus (both hers)