[AMC-List] GRM comment

Message: 14
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 22:01:23 -0500
From: Glen Hoag <hoag@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-List] link for my 66 rambler
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx

>So what's the 2006 Challenge?

The Kumho Tires/Grassroots Motorsports Magazine $2006
Challenge is a
drag/autocross/concours competition in which entrants
are limited to
a total budget of $2006.  This is the seventh running
of the
Challenge, with the budget always equal to the year.

The rules state that you can sell parts to be able to
afford new
bits.  It looks like a lot of fun.

<http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/category/2006-challenge/>

the event is a blast and brings out some wild biult
cars every year. lots of cars that where never meant
to house v-8's, cars built from 7 different cars, home
built locosts, even the magazine is building a car
this year since the editor has been sitting on berkly
for the past couple of years...think light weight FF
motorcylce powered 1200lbs car.

i did the event in 2004 and brought my 82 olds delta
88 and finished 69th out of 74 cars. that was the smae
year as the bat van and the stleath crx, and the
bimmer with the 500cid caddy motor...

http://grmotorsports.com/archives/2004pictures.html

pics from 2004, most of the way down the page look for
wreak racing vw golf, behind thier car is my delta88 i
ran that year.

Joe Gearin, the magazine's advertising sales guy, is a
fan of AMCs,
among other things.

here is the link for his blog and with pics of his
rallycross eagle wagon

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/news/category/staff/joe/

(I advertise my EFI business with them.)

which buiness is it that you own? that way i can dig
though the past issue and see what you do?

--
Glen Hoag                               '75 Pacer 258
(x3)

that is a lot of pacers.....5 i think i count....
and you right joe was just seeing a rambler and an
egle a little while before i bought mine.
he also has an eagle set up for rally cross also that
he races to beat up the subby down in florida....

see everyone laters.
jason