Re: [AMC-List] 65 American speedo

The older cars have more room underneath, so I guess BW just mounted
the speedo take-off high to keep the cable up under the car. When the
body was lowered a bit over the trans for the 63 Classic/Ambo and 64
American, it would be difficult to get to the speedo cable without
dropping the trans. It's only 2-3" difference, but that's enough in
tight quarters! I'd have thought the gears would have been cut to turn
the speedo in the same direction, but they turn opposite. I guess it
was easier just to specify the opposite rotation when ordering the new
speedo clusters.

On June 20, 2006 Tom Jennings wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 07:23 -0700, Mark Price wrote:
> > NOW, that's something id did not know, not that there is a lot I
don't know! I never knew there was a high and low mounted speedo
tailshaft on the Borg trans!