Re: [AMC-List] Little Tiny Cat

" From: JOE FULTON <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" According to the literature I have read (Don't ask me
" where, because I couldn't tell you now.) the 2-bbl 258
" engine was supposed to have a hotter cam too, but I
" don't know the specs.   If anyone can shed any light
" on this, I would appreciate it.

that's true, all but 2bbl sticks two years had a more radical cam,
and supposedly you could retard the 2bbl cam 13deg for a big boost in
mid/upper power.  the amc showroom stock racers made use of this and i
wonder if this wasn't [partly] the reason for the cam's existence.
from a 'stock replacement cams' pg of unknown provenance:

						lobe ctr
engine	years		dur@xxxxx"	lift	int/exh
258 2bbl
	'76-'80 a.t.
	'76-'78 m.t.	194		0.397"	109/111
all others
	'65-'79		185		0.408"	109/111

and fyi -
242 [4.0]
	'87-'91		197		0.398"	110/114

from my '66 tsm, duration 'on the ramps' for the 'all others' cam is
244.  iirc the 'hot' cam is something like 259.

" BTW the term above "jury rig" is a nautical term and
" it's not "jerry rig" or "gerry rig" or anything else.
" Pet peeve from an ex-Navy guy.

i'm with ya!  same thing gets me when i hear 'it doesn't jive'...
[the right word is 'gibe', another nautical term]