[AMC-List] State To State Emissions Tests

[AMC-List] State To State Emissions Tests

In N.Y. state after a car is over 25 years old it only has to pass a
safety inspection and nothing emissions in N.Y.. That leaves me in the
area that I can remove all the useless add on's that were added by AMC
to pass the emissions at the time which made the engines of the mid to
late 70's run poorly and have poor gas mileage and actually mine run
cleaner with a few modifications that I made that were not allowed back
then. I did them anyway and the cars always passed the sniffer. Is there
somthing wrong here????  A 74 car with a re-jetted Holley Economaster
carb and points with a re-curved dist. and an Acell Super Coil, a B&M
Trans Pack set on firm, i got 17-18 in the city and 28-29 on the highway
with E-60-14 Bias ply tires in th late 70's. With a Hornet Hatchback
that was just over 3,000 lbs.
"Doc"