Re: [AMC-List] Fwd: [BaadAssGremlins] Las Vegas AMC Reunion

Re: [AMC-List] Fwd: [BaadAssGremlins] Las Vegas AMC Reunion

On Sat, 2006-06-10 at 04:07 +0000, francis.swygert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

> Ross, NEVER be afraid to show one of your "survivors" or "works in
> progress", whichever they might be! Yes, some people, especially those
> who have "check book" restorations, will turn their noses up, but the
> rank-and-file enthusiasts will usually appreciate seeing such a car. I
> know that those draw my attention as much as the near perfect restos.

I 100% agree!! Consider that what we think of as normal or mundane, is
still a 30+ year old car, which are practically non-existent on the
road, anywhere. The fact that it's running and kept up is notable.

Hell, Hemmings Classic Car has a regular feature devoted to such things,
'Drivable Dreams'.

Go for it! Winning class trophies is nice, but only a tiny part of AMC
shows for most people.

--
Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
World Power Systems