Re: [AMC-List] Fwd: [BaadAssGremlins] Las Vegas AMC Reunion

"Date: Friday, June 9, 2006 08:16 AM
From: Ross & Terrie Guistino <rossg@xxxxxxxxx>
<mailto:rossg@xxxxxxxxx?subject=Re: [AMC-List] Fwd: [BaadAssGremlins]
Las Vegas AMC Reunion>
One question:  Do the cars have to be beautiful?  I have two Gremlins
(as if
folks don't know by now!) and neither would be considered in beautiful
shape.  One has a crappy old paint job with a bunch of dings, but she
drives
well.  And the other has a faded paint job but the interior is a mess.
Would one of these two orphans be accepted?"
---------------------------------------

Ross, NEVER be afraid to show one of your "survivors" or "works in
progress", whichever they might be! Yes, some people, especially those
who have "check book" restorations, will turn their noses up, but the
rank-and-file enthusiasts will usually appreciate seeing such a car. I
know that those draw my attention as much as the near perfect restos. It
gives a chance to see what's being done, and insights on how, if it's a
work in progress, and a better idea of how things were if it's a
survivor. Someone (I hate it when I can't recall names, especially when
it's someone I know!!) brought a "survivor" 57 Rebel to one of the
Delaware Valley AMO meets early this year. I was more interested in it
than the restored SC/Rambler there. And I'd have rather had the Rebel,
but then I do tend to gravitate toward the unusual, that's part of why
I'm an AMC fan to begin with!