Re: [AMC-List] Plastic Valve Covers on the 258

Re: [AMC-List] Plastic Valve Covers on the 258

I used a plastic replacement on my 85 CJ-7 that suffered from blown exhaust manifold gasket deformation.  It was supplied by Willys-Overland in Toledo.  I recall being impressed with the thickness of the plastic and it carries no "Jeep" markings.  In fact, the motor has been standing on end in my garage for nearly two years and the cover has not leaked.   =:D

-Spro