Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic custom project/overdrive parts

Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic custom project/overdrive parts

SNIP
does anyone know where i would get ahold of a 12 volt solenoid and
govoner for
a borg warner r10 overdrive unit?
SNIP
Other than the suggestion of checking with AMC vendors you might want to
run something like a Yahoo Search using[ "Borg Warner" +overdrive
+parts]
There are some 14,000 web sites out there that address Borg Warner Over
Drives. By refining it a bit with the insertion of R10 you might be able
to narrow down a few things. Ford was a big user of this unit and I
would not be surprised to find that GM used it a bit too. Not sure about
Chrysler but Studebaker and Jeep did as well as others.
Now that you have one it may pay to do a bit of foot work to find parts
for it so that you can use it.
At one point in time a lot of Model A Fords were converted to use one as
they too were torque tube drive so maybe a Model A Ford owner may have
parts for one.
Good Luck
John