Re: [AMC-List] 4 hole Flywheel (NOT Flexplate!) work w/ 3 hole

Re: [AMC-List] 4 hole Flywheel (NOT Flexplate!) work w/ 3 hole

Definitely incorrect that the numbers are the same. although some
aftermarket suppliers sell them as such (that's how I got the wrong one and
a vibe before, but I used a torch to lighten the flexplate a bit and the
vibe became almost non-existant)

Jim Blair, Seattle, WA '84 J10 Black Jack (getting lifted and stroked!), '73
J4000 304/TH400/QT tow truck http://www.virtualjeep.com

AMC list subscription options link
http://www.amxfiles.com/amc-list/options.cfm

OK, I should've mentioned this was a standard tranny
application.  I know many of us use the terms
interchangeably (sort of like 304 and 360 stuff!)
however, I always call a standard tranny a flywheel
and an auto a Flexplate.

My understanding is that there is only one part number
for a 304/360 crank and I assumed that the balance
would be the same for them, though I guess the
rotating mass is different due to the pistons.  I had
always heard that the part numbers are also the same
for the 304/360 flexplates and flywheels... is that
incorrect?

Thanks,

Jesse