[AMC-List] my 62 classic project

the guy also has a t96 with overdrive unit and a long tail shaft. tail shaft looks like it is set up for a slip yoke not a torque tube tho. would i be able to take off that tail shaft and put my torque tube mount on instead? i would just rather get rid of my torque tube all together. have an open shaft. i think my 62 has the t96 in it now. if i got the t86, wouldnt it be able to stand the 304 better when i get ready to put it in? will the 86 bolt on to my bellehousing? or be able to redrill holes in my bellhousing for mounting to the 86? once again, i have a complete second 62 classic with same drivetrain, so i am not afraid to attempt to modify parts. if i screw up, i have spare. thanks for any advice have a good weekend

  dave stohler
  camp taji iraq