[AMC-List] Seat Belts anchors 1963/64

I thought I would point this out because I am so
involved with the 63 and 64 model year cars right now.

I have a pair of front seat belt assemblies taken from
a 1963 Classic 550.  They were fastened into the car
through holes in the floorboard which were reinforced
with large fender washers.  There were no installed
nutplates for the bolts.

I am putting these seat belts in a 1964 Classic which
has the nut plates installed, but the diameter of the
"shoulder" area of the hold down bolts is larger than
on the 1963 belts.  In fact I'm having to enlarge the
holes in the end plates of the 1963 belts to make them
fit.

There are no rear seat belts in either car and there
are no installed anchor points for them.

Just thought someone would like to know.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA