Re: [AMC-List] What I did this weekend & Choke heat tube & Theengine lab

Re: [AMC-List] What I did this weekend & Choke heat tube & Theengine label? - 1967 232...

Kennedy American lists the tube in the manifold for $8 if yours is damaged
(if you don't feel any air coming out of the tube with the engine running,
it's okay). The broken stub may not be that difficult to get out. The choke
tube and the part in the manifold are not pressed together. You may be able
to just pull it out with needle nose pliers or a screw extractor.

Matt

At 02:50 PM 5/24/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I rebuilt my battery tray this weekend.  The back supports were still being
>held on by just a bit of rust so, I cut the back off and welded on a new
>piece.
>

>BEFORE: http://www.arvonia.net/~arfon/Rambler%20Battery%20Tray/MVC-004F.JPG
>
>AFTER: http://www.arvonia.net/~arfon/Rambler%20Battery%20Tray/MVC-006F2.JPG
>

>Also, Thanks to Matt, I have determined that I am NOT missing a brass rod
>from my carburetor. But, I am missing the choke control mechanism.  It
>looks like there used to be a heat tube:
>
>         http://www.arvonia.net/~arfon/Rambler%20Battery%20Tray/MVC-002F.JPG
>         http://www.arvonia.net/~arfon/Rambler%20Battery%20Tray/MVC-001F.JPG
>
>         ...and that it was cut off and a manual choke installed.  I'd
> like to put
>the automatic one back.  Any opinions on how to replace that tube?
>

>Lastly, This 1967 California 232 had a silver lable on the rocker arm cover...
>
>         http://www.arvonia.net/~arfon/Rambler%20Battery%20Tray/MVC-003F.JPG
>
>         ...anyone know what it used to say?

>or go to http://www.amc-list.com

mhaas@xxxxxxx