[AMC-List] Jeep Cherokee problem,help wanted - turn signals quit working

[AMC-List] Jeep Cherokee problem,help wanted - turn signals quit working...

  Was driving my Gremlin sticker-adorned '94 Cherokee
Sport to work Tuesday, and the turn signals were
acting flakey ( have been getting worse for a week ).
Wednesday, totally shut down when I started off to
work in the AM, nothing worked on the turn signals.
Brakes and emergency flasher work. I could move the
stalk some on Tuesday, and get a flash sometimes.
Nothing now. Jeep has 133k on the odometer. Anyone got
a guess as to the probable cause(s) ? Thanks for any
help,

Jerry in Virginia