[AMC-List] Frank S. Old Rambler on TV

"I was watching American Muscle Car on TV friday morning and it was
about the AMC muscle cars, There was a brief photo of your old Rambler
shown Frank. Did you ever get a fair monetary settlement from the
insurance company when it got wrecked? "Doc "

Yes, I got a fair amount ($9500, check for $9000 - $500 for me to keep
the wreck). Had to complain to the state insurance commision, but sent
an e-mail copy to the insurance company head office. THAT got an
immediate response from them, and they were suddenly very willing to
work with me. They originally offered $3700 for the car. I had a "stated
value" policy with the same company (by coincidence the guy who hit me
had the same company) for $7K, and would have took that had they offered
it right away. Lucky for me they didn't, I guess, though I did tell them
about it and my agent sent them the info. Their response was it didn't
matter, they just had to give me (by law) the current value and they
determined it was $3500, but would give me the $3700 offered anyway. I
have the current one insured for $10K now, but would still have to go
through that "dance" to get it. If the car had been repairable I don't
think I'd have had nearly as much trouble.
I have a copy of that show somewhere! The producer wanted something that
represented the typical Rambler before the advent of the Javelin. The
wheels are turned because he didn't want the custom wheels showing. If
it had been flamed like the current one he wouldn't have used it.