[AMC-List] Platinum Spark Plugs

The question about Platinum plugs came up on a while ago on an Auto talk
show I saw, and the mechanics there said that one of the main reasons
for their development was the longer life you get from them.  They're
needed for a transverse mounted V engine, where it's almost impossible
to get at the back row of plugs....

As for multi-electrode plugs, they're not new, just re-discovered.  A
buddy of mine used to have an old Alfa that used them.  If I recall
correctly, they were needed to shelter the spark in a high turbulence
head design.

Cheers,

Dave