Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project

A: I have Grand Cherokee rotors and calipers (along with the caliper brackets) to put on a Model 20 for my Comanche. (still trying to find a complete one in an MJ here)

From: d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx> Subject: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <20060520122528.65606.qmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

i am NOT going with a ford 8.8. i been told the 8.8 disk brake
kit will fit the amc 20 bolt pattern on the output flange of the
axle tube. if not, i will be able to fabricate it to fit. you
say the m15 will work, i will leave it in for now, get rid of
the torque tube, and have me a m20 standing by for when the 15
goes.

 i was thinking i might have to go with some bending on shifter
again with a t-5. my steering shifter took a crap on me a few
years ago, so i got a hurst truck 3 speed floor shift kit and
put it in, mounted on the left side of the trans tunnel. had to
take a torch to it and give it a few degrees bend back a little
to clear the dash. the shift pattern is bass ackwards, but kinda
cool that way. when in 3rd, it wouldnt go in if the seat had to
be slid forward much more than where im comfortable. works well
tho for now.

 another issue i forgot to mension. seatbelts. the car never
had any in it. is the floor pan strong enough in these cars to
run bolt thru with about a 2-3" washer on the bottom side to
keep from pulling thru to easy? doesnt bother me much ridin
without them, but the wife, she is paranoid about it ya know? im
content to go with just some lap belts with chrome latches.

 dave stohler
 camp taji iraq