Re: [AMC-List] my 62 classic project

Aren't the plates in place for belts on the these cars? You can buy the reinforcement plates from any aftermarket belt place. I suggest using them as they are easy to use and give that extra bit of strength even with the heavy floors in th eearly cars.
I forget what engine you are going with, but the amc-15 will hold up well to normal use and the occasional brunout. My EFI 4.0L T-5 and 255/60/15"s haven't broken mine [yet]!
   T-5 shifter location, if staying with a bench, get a S-10 tailshaft housing and top cover with rods. It wil clear the bench easy and you can goosneck bend the shifter to clear the dash
--
Mark Price
markprice242ATadelphia.net