Re: [AMC-List] amx disk brake kit for 62 classic

Re: [AMC-List] amx disk brake kit for 62 classic

" From: "Jim Blair" <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" A: I don't have time to play with this stuff right now (or a 2WD AMC to
" put it on) but 2WD Grand Cherokee or Cherokee/Comanche brakes might just
" be the ticket.

could well be!  according to napa, eagles and '80s 3x4 mj/xj/yj jeeps
used the same calipers and 11" rotors.  early 2wd xj used them on a
separate hub, but '86-'94 switched to a 1-piece rotor running on sets
6 & 2...  and btw 2wd only contunued to use the '80s calipers up to
'93.

going back a little farther, midsize mopars like the monaco and light
trucks had a 5 x 4 1/2" 11 3/4" rotor; '73-'80 ran on the same #17
inner and #16 outer as the '74-8 amc 'big bendix' setup, but '81-4
used a different #11 inner - same rotor.  hat depth -looks-
comparable...